At the Pollak Library we have created a series of subject specific guides that consolidate relevant library resources for each individual discipline.
Using the tool below, you can add one of these guides to your Titanium course, which will provide your students with instant access to a suite of relevant library research tools.
To add this functionality to your course simply follow the instructions below, or watch this brief video tutorial. If you would like assistance, please contact Mike DeMars.
To add a guide to your course:
- Select your department in the drop down box above.
- Some HTML code should appear upon selection. Copy this code to your clipboard.
- Open Titanium and select the course you want to add this functionality to.
- Select "Turn editing on" which is on the top right hand side of the screen.
- Create a new content area by selecting the icon in an empty block. If you prefer, you can add this to an existing area.
- Once the area is created, click on the "Add a resource..." drop down menu and select "Page".
- Come up with a name for your page, "Library Guide" for example. Write a short description.
- In the Content area, click on the HTML icon . That will open the HTML Source Editor.
- Paste in the code that you copied in step 2 and click "Update".
- Lastly, click on "Save and return to course".
Your students will now be able to access the library subject guide from inside your Titanium course.